We Direct Bill Your Insurance - Find out How
Chronic Disease Management Program at Fit Physiotherapy/ York Medical Health Centre
FIT Physiotherapy of Newmarket offers an OHIP-covered physiotherapy service for patients with certain medical conditions. This is a publicly funded program that covers your physiotherapy treatment through OHIP. We operate two separate clinics within our company; private, registered physiotherapy and OHIP-covered physiotherapy.
The York Medical Health Centre provides a wide array of services for the public. If you are seeing a doctor from the York Medical Family Health Group, you may be eligible for physiotherapy at Fit.
Eligibility for this service is based on two conditions:
- You must be a patient of the Pain Clinic, MD Metabolic, or a family doctor who is a part of the Family Health Group at York Medical Health Centre
- Your Doctor has diagnosed you with any of the following conditions
- High Cholesterol
- Chronic Heart Failure
For more information please contact
- Chronic Disease Clinic information desk at 905 235 5694.
- The York Medical Pain Clinic at 905 853 0404 (Ext 5)
- York Medical MD Metabolic at 905 235 5691
Visits are approximately an hour in length. The chronic disease management program provides:
- Manual therapy, which is hands-on soft tissue massage in order to rehab specific injuries.
- Injury specific modalities to offset pain and inflammation (ultrasound therapy, thermal therapy, and Interferential currenttherapy)
- All of our patients are given exercise programs intended to offset the symptoms of their specific conditions (i.e weight loss protocols, range of motion progression, strengthen programs)
CDC Hours of Operation
Monday 9am to 5 pm (closed for lunch from 1-2 pm)
Tuesday 9 am to 5 pm (closed for lunch from 1-2 pm)
Wednesday 9 am to 7 pm (closed for lunch from 1-2 pm)
Thursday 9 am to 5 pm (closed for lunch from 1-2 pm)
Friday 9 am to 6 pm (closed for lunch from 1-2 pm)
Saturday 9 am to 2 pm
Our Chronic Disease Clinic Team